Home | Who is Reza Faizal?

Espeed1 finally died!

I’ve been subscribing to espeed (espeed1) service to my home ever since JTB (now Telbru) launch this service in November 2000. If I calculate that, it’s BND 98.00 per month and up till January 2007, total up to BND 7,350.00 (6 years 3 months) excluding the modem and installation charges. Wow… that’s a lot of money.

My home espeed has been out of service since Tuesday (12th Feb 2007) evening. My wireless router can’t get the WAN IP address. I try connecting directly from the modem to my notebook and still the same problem.

13th Feb 2007 – Da missus called up 121 and complains regarding this problem. An engineer call her back and said they had done a reset at their end but she told him it still didn’t work. He also said that it is our router problem.

14th Feb 2007 – I called up 121. It’s a different engineer attending the call. All he can say is to do an “ipconfig /release” and “ipconfig /renew”. After 30 minutes on the phone the guy says he will call us back.

15th Feb 2007 – Finally today, we got a call from Telbru saying that their whole espeed1 is out of service (I can’t confirm that). They don’t have any service maintenance with their supplier anymore and would like to change our espeed1 to espeed2 by tomorrow (I’m crossing my fingers).

So why didn’t I change to espeed2 earlier?

At first when I heard JTB/Telbru want to change everyone to espeed2 more than one year back, I just keep myself quiet. I heard lots of complain with espeed2 so I didn’t apply or ask them to change mine.

Finally, around September last year Telbru send a letter to me informing that they will be replacing our espeed1 to espeed2 anytime. Well, I didn’t reply to that letter but then I also have no objection of them replacing my espeed as long as I don’t need to pay for it.

3 months back, a guy did come to our house wanting to change our espeed. Telbru or their contractor didn’t call us up in advance that someone will be coming. So when the guy came to the house, only the maid was at home and the maid have no clue what this guy want so he just went back.

He came for a second time few days after that. We did told the maid where the espeed modem located. Then this guy call up saying we have “no computer” at home. Yes, I have no computer at home. I’m using wireless access and all of us using notebooks. He says he will come again and bring his own notebook to test.

Third time, well no one came for the third time.

December 2006 or was it early January 2007, I went to Telbru HQ and fill up a form to request to change my espeed1 to espeed2. I put in my contact number and told them I prefer them to come to the house either Friday or Saturday. Well, I have yet to receive a call from them regarding my request.

I’m updating this post using a dial-up account. It's sooooooo slow. I’ve not use dial-up account for so many many years already.

p/s.
Met LisaDragon in my meeting with one of the government department today. Checkout her site!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment